Bhringraj is a creeping and moisture-loving herb. It has a short, flat or round stem and small white flowers on a long stalk.The leaves of the plant contain a rich amount of protein. It is known for its anticancer, antileprotic, analgesic, antioxidant, antimyotoxic, antihaemorrhagic, antihepatotoxic, antiviral, antibacterial, spasmogenic, hypotensive and ovicidal properties.
Scientific Name: Eclipta prostrata
Family Name : Asteraceae
Part Used : Whole Plant
Common name: Balari, Bhringraj, Bhengra, Bhangra, Mochkand, Babri, Trailing eclipta, Thistles, False Daisy
Uses and Benefits of Bhringraj
- Its paste is applied over the swollen areas of elephantiasis, abscess
- Its paste is also applied over wounds to reduce pain and to induce quick wound healing
- Its juice extract is used as eye and ear drops to relieve infection and pain
- Fumigation with Bhringraj is considered to bring about relief in piles
- In Ayurveda, the root powder is used for treating hepatitis, enlarged spleen and skin disorders. Mixed with salt, it relieves burning urine sensation. Mixed with a little oil and applied to the head, the herb relieves headache.
Bhringraj Exporter from India | Herbal Cosmetic Exporter From India|