Guar gum, a legume crop that grows in semi-arid regions of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana. The country exports over 117000 tons of guar and its derivatives. As a result, India is a leading exporter of guar, commanding about 80% of global production.
Guar is a long chain of carbohydrate molecules bonded together and composed of two sugars called mannose and galactose.
Guaran, a substance made from guar beans which has thickening and stabilizing properties. It is a very efficient natural polymer covering a number of applications in various industries like food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetic etc.
Uses of Guar Gum
- Low in Calories and High in Fiber
- Used as a Laxative
- In Paper Industry : Helpful in sheet formation, folding and denser surface for printing
- Used as a dispersant and thickening agent for dyes in textile Industry
- Used as Thickening agent or Lubricating Agent
- It may also aid in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
Guar Gum Exporter from Rajasthan India, Guar Seeds, Guar Powder